Recently, I purchased two plants to grow from seed to live on my desk. I guess I've been feeling a bit blue because of the weather and I long to see green plants again. I planted them and I'm eagerly awaiting to see them sprout, which made me ask, why are certain people affected by the weather and climate changes more than others?
Certainly, it could have to do with people whose ancestry is from warmer climates, but I do not know of any studies that back this idea up. Or maybe most, if not all people, are affected by the snow, slush, and mud, just on different levels? This would make sense, since wiring in the brain is different for other people. But then again, everyone has their favorite season. Mine's fall, because of the warm colors, cool weather, and nice food. It's a nice excuse to stay inside, but maybe at the end of the winter, we've been cooked up inside long enough. I see it in my animals. They sit on a couch by the window and stare out the window. They'll even go as far to go outside for not even ten minutes because of their cabin fever.
Question: Since we have well built homes, technology, and the ability to have food brought to us, we don't even need to leave the house to go grocery shopping or to work, but is it in our nature to do so? Does the way weather affect us prove that it's in our nature to spend time outside?
I responded!
ReplyDelete