Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Response to Griffin Thayer's blog post (Death of an enemy)

 Link to original post.
"Is it alright to celebrate the death of an enemy?"

I don't think it's good ever to feel happy about the death of enemy, or even someone you dislike. Personally, I think it's really bad to have such negative thoughts. However, if one can celebrate the death of one, then the same person can't get upset if someone celebrates the death of someone they like.
Personally, I think when an enemy with high crimes dies, it's a waste. There is no way that they can ever pay for their deeds, and they just go away. I don't think that there's some sort of punishment after their death, so if there isn't, then what they did is never righted. I'm a strong advocate of people being tried,  so it upsets me when a criminal gets away scot free. However, if the people who were personally affected by an enemy dies and they are happy about it, then good for them, and I think that's better than nothing.
Question: If a high-caliber criminal gets tried, would there be any way to give them the correct punishment in this life? Would torture be an acceptable punishment for the worst of the worst?

No comments:

Post a Comment